Archery Seminar Series
Sometimes you just have to dig deeper into a subject to truly understand it. Here at Rising Phoenix we are constantly creating innovative ways to explain archery so that our students understand. Occasionally the subject matter takes a bit more time to explain then we can fit in a regular class. Our solution was to build a new seminar series on topics we feel are important for archers or their support teams.
We believe the diverse topics of our seminar series offers something for everyone. “How to Select the Right Equipment” is perfect for the newest members of JOAD who are looking to make that leap into getting equipment of their own and “How to Build Strength and Prevent Injury” is an ideal topic for both new and veteran archers.
Call to RSVP and reserve your spot!
How to build arrows.
Including selecting and building the right arrow.
Duration: 1 hr max – Cost: Free (Max class size of 5) Must have purchased arrows from Rising Phoenix. Recommended that all components have been received for the best practical experience.
- Third Thursday of each Month w/Bryan
- Friday October 27th w/ Brandon
- Friday November 10th w/Brandon
- Friday December 22nd w/Brandon
Buying equipment is a large investment. It is intimidating and you have to put alot of trust in the store clerk. Hopefully they know what they are doing and more importantly are not selling you what you don’t need.
If you have ever looked at an arrow chart, you will understand why this is such a challenging task. Selecting the right arrow will improve the archers consistency tremendously. Knowing how to properly build that arrow and why will save you hundred if not thousands of dollars over the archers career.
- Learn to build an arrow from start to finish
- How to to cut arrows to length and square up
- How to install points and nocks
- How to use a jig to fletch arrows
- How use a tri-liner for spin-wing style fletchings
Archers must have all the parts needed to complete their arrows.
Recurve/Barebow Tuning Level 1
Fall 2023 – 4pm to 6pm – Cost: $30
Recurve/Barebow Tuning Level 2
Fall 2023 - 2pm to 4pm - Cost: $30
Practical Application session of concepts covered in Level 1
Compound Tuning Basics
Coming 2024 – 1pm to 3pm – Cost: $30
Archers moving from Indoor to outdoor and vice versa will need to re-tune their bow to match their current set-ups. Each year draw weights increase, draw lengths may increase for young archers and equipment selected for the up coming season may be vastly different than last years set-up.
- How to zero the bow to factory tune.
- Initial set-ups, Rest elevation, nock point, D loop lengths (How to tie), Timing, Peep elevation (How to serve),
- Setting 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis
- What measurements to take if installing new strings
- Paper Tune
- Adjust the bow based on results
- Walk Back Tune
- Torque Tune